Who is Jenny?

I am @jenngoldstone and on October 2nd, 2010 I ran and finished my first half marathon ever. I am now training for my 5th half marathon and raising money to find a cure for blood cancers. Welcome to my training blog and thanks for reading. Go Team!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Being sick ...

I'm just not sure I got sick this summer while training for the Hamptons Half. If I did, I would have remembered how quickly my cardio capacity plummets, how hard it is to get back out there and how defeated I feel by my own body.

I ran on Saturday, and it was glorious day for running, but it sucked. I could not run as far as I wanted, I could not breathe as well as I wanted and honestly, I gave up. So when I got up at 5:45 am to put on my gear and get out there this morning, I was not optimistic. I also did not want to psych myself out, so I set my Garmin and locked it and made a vow to myself not to check it until I was done with the four mile loop. I was doing four miles, no matter the speed or time, and that was that. And by mile 3, I began to feel like myself again.

I am running a 4 mile race with a bunch of friends on Sunday. I think if I get out there again one more time before then, I might not embarrass myself.

TNT is in pre-season and just days away from the official launch of Team SeaChange Capital & Friends and our training for the NYC Half Marathon. I am excited to get back into regular training mode and discipline. In the meantime, I have been enjoying me some wine, I will tell you that much!

Race report on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment