Who is Jenny?

I am @jenngoldstone and on October 2nd, 2010 I ran and finished my first half marathon ever. I am now training for my 5th half marathon and raising money to find a cure for blood cancers. Welcome to my training blog and thanks for reading. Go Team!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Winter Running

I've been learning a lot about myself as the seasons have changed and I am still out there training ...

Some thoughts:

  • This morning the "real feel" temp was in the teens but I was sweating on my four mile run.
  • If I could only have one piece of cold weather gear it would be a gator. As long as the air coming into my lungs is warmed a bit, I can stand any temp.
  • Running in the winter has all the thrill of skiing, for me, without the gear, getting cold on the chairlift, and the falling but sadly without the apres ski. 
  • I love the winter light as the sun rises. It is glorious.
  • There was ice on the pond in the park and it made me smile. I am a winter runner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment